Children from 2 to 4 years of age follow our curriculum for the youngest children called The Early years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
The Early Years department is located in our purpose built primary building where our children learn in a safe and stimulating environment. We focus on the care of the child. Our aim is that your child will be happy and content in their new school.
Education in the first years concentrates on the child’s needs and interests. Here we start laying the foundations of basic learning skills.
The 7 areas of learning are:
- Personal, social and emotional development.
- Communication and language.
- Physical development.
- Literacy (English and Spanish).
- Understanding the world.
- Expressive arts and design.
“Education is developed through collaboration between children, parents and the school community”
Our four guiding principles are:
- Every child is unique
- Positive relationships help children to be strong and independent
- Stimulating environments help children to learn and develop
- Children learn and develop in different ways and at different rates